Considered as one of the finest beaches in Wales and featured in the television adverts for “Visit Wales”, Harlech Beach and the surrounding dune area has been designated as a site of Special Scientific Interest.
Gwion Llwyd in his blog describes the spot where I’m standing as “Goodness Gracious Corner” and for good reason. I haven’t really done it justice here but the beach does look great during the day. Lots of golden sand stretching to the mouth of the Glaslyn Estuary.
- American fighter still hidden under North Wales beach (warhistoryonline.com)
- Holyhead, Harlech and home (northwalesadventure.wordpress.com)
- Annual Leave (jamestargett.org)
- A wave’s parentheses (catherinestones.wordpress.com)
- The Hills are Alive… with the sound of my mum calling them mountains! (trwancy.wordpress.com)
- Sunny Criccieth (ealandscapes.wordpress.com)
- DIY Welsh Adventure (willwalkswales.wordpress.com)