Apparently a good way of attracting readers to your blog is to include a number in your post title. You know the type I mean;
- 5 surefire ways you can….
- 10 websites you must…
- 7 steps for …..
Oh! And don’t make your post title too serious. Oops! Slipped up there. Or did I?
Now you can see that there are more than thirteen steps here. Probably about sixty, but I could hardly say;
60 Steps to Emergency Help
Or could I….
Anyway this weeks photograph for the Weekly Challenge is from Llanberis, North Wales and shows the Quarry Hospital Museum. Inside you can see some of the original medical equipment from the period around about the 1800’s. There’s also a ward that has been restored, an operating theatre, even an X-Ray Machine, and my personal favourite a gory display of amputating equipment along with the mortuary.
The hospital was opened to treat the men of Dinorwic Quarry, which with over 3000 workers at it’s peak had a lot of accidents. Elfin Safety wasn’t a consideration then. At least, not as much as it is now. Consequently, broken bones, lost fingers, and crush injuries were common-place and having the hospital near to the place of work meant the men could get back to work, quickly, after being treated. Interestingly the hospital remained open until the 1940’s.
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Zig Zag (winedrinkingmummy.wordpress.com)
- “Weekly Photo Challenge:Zig Zag” (keempres.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Zig Zag (patriciaddrury.com)
- WPC: Zig Zag (forestgardenblog.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: ZigZag (atureaud.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Zig Zag (thewrenden.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: ZigZag (tchistorygal.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Stair To The Fair (ambitiousdrifter.wordpress.com)
- There’s No Doubt It’s Spiderwebs… (steve-says.net)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Zigzag (namz610.wordpress.com)