Unusually this week I’m ahead of schedule for writing my blog posts. Usually I get around to it about Tuesday or Wednesday but as I was out yesterday experimenting with long exposures I thought one of the photographs from Talacre would fit the bill for this weeks challenge.
But for this week I also decided to use a few textures to give me a sort of dreamy look. What do you think? Now at one time I used to use all of my own textures, manually adding them to each photograph and slowly building up the layers using different blend modes. It’s effective but slow. Recently Adobe released a nice little free extension for Photoshop CC 2014 called Adobe Paper Texture Pro. It’s a Creative Cloud exclusive for Subscribers only and you can download it from Adobe Add-On’s by following this link. You will need to install Adobe Extension Manager if you haven’t already done so
When you run the extension you are shown a panel with thumbnails for the various textures that are available. All you have to do is select the texture you want, set the blend mode, change the opacity if required and that’s it your done. Want another texture on top? Do the same again. Simple fast and efficient. You don’t even need to resize the textures. Adobe Paper Texture Pro takes care of that for you.
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Dreamy (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- California Dreaming… #photography #poetry #dpchallenge (moondustwriter.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreamy (schelleycassidy.wordpress.com)
- Cut To Dream Scene… (steve-says.net)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreamy (ettemeyer.wordpress.com)
- Dreaming of what’s to come (oldmomsunite.wordpress.com)
- Dreamy Relationships Photographed (carolyncholland.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: Dreamy (quirkylittleplanet.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Dreamy (largeself.com)