For this weeks challenge I decided to head into Snowdonia and see if I could find a waterfall or river flowing down the side of the hill. You can be spoilt for choice but in the end I decided to settle for a photograph of the Afon Nant Peris as it descends from Pen-y-Pass through the Llanberis Pass to Llyn Peris
There are plenty of photo opportunities along the side of the river which is easily accessible from the A4086 which runs through the pass. Biggest problem is parking but yesterday the roads were quiet and I managed to stop at several of the well-known ones as you descend the pass.
Say I’m on a path along a stream, but what I really want to do is be down at the stream, not along the path. I go down along the side of the stream and I move up and down, back and forth, looking for, say, reflections. I’m watching the movement of the water. When I find something that pulls me in, something that I feel connected to—and usually it’s a quality of the light—then I open up the technical box… – Eddie Soloway
….and it pulled me in quite literally. I slipped and fell, had my own descent, in a manner of speaking. To cut a long story short smashed my camera into my face, bashed my knee and shin on a rock but today I got the all clear from A&E. I look like a one black-eyed Panda, the bruising is so bad. How did I end up doing this? I broke my cardinal rule by putting myself in harm’s way and I should know better. Wet rocks do not make a good platform for launching yourself off. I stepped onto the rock, my foot slipped and I ended up trying to rugby tackle another rock.
This photograph was taken before I had my fall.
- On Descents Poem (Weekly Photo Challenge) (ettemeyer.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: descent (alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Descent (largeself.com)
- WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Descent (rjbailey.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Descent (geophiliac.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Descent (tagnoue.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge : Descent (dazzlingwhimsy.com)
- Descending Laurel Mountain in Ligonier, PA (carolyncholland.wordpress.com)
- The Descent (or a dog with its head out the window) (cyclestuff.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Descent (pm27.wordpress.com)