I’ve been thinking about this weeks challenge for a few days now, wondering which photograph would fit the theme. I mean Converge is open to a lot of interpretations and this week I thought of going with a more literal, or should that be lateral, interpretation? Anyway I have gone with a church scene. Goodness knows I shot enough of them earlier this year and not too many of them have seen the light of day yet.
But why go for a church? People converge there. Well at least they used to. Nowadays congregations are so much smaller but hey I’m not preaching. But in a way I am or I’m about to.
You may have noticed that I have changed the theme. Also if you click on a photograph instead of being taken to Flickr you will now end up on 500px. Why? Well it’s done to this. If anyone is going to make money out of my photographs it’s going to be me. Recently Yahoo through the medium of Flickr decided that Creative Commons photographs were up for grabs and would now be offered for sale. Admittedly any photograph that had part of it’s CC license as Non-Commercial wouldn’t be considered, according to Yahoo, but call me cynical but …..need I say more.
So with that in mind I am changing the license on all of my future published photographs to Copyright © Mike Hardisty 2014 – All Rights Reserved
I don’t want anyone to appreciate the light or the palette of tones. I want my pictures to inform, to provoke discussion – and to raise money. – Sebastiao Salgado
Hopefully you will understand my reasons for doing this and if you maybe want to use a photograph for your blog or desktop, contact me.
- Flickr is about to sell off your Creative Commons photos (dazeddigital.com)
- Flickr photographers jump ship after Yahoo says it will sell photos (buzzcarl.com)
- Why flickr won’t be selling my photos (gammagirl.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Converge (christophrm.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Converge (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge; Converge (looneyatoms.com)